The Bethel Chamber of Commerce is pleased to assist you with your relocation by providing the following information and helpful links.
. YKHC operates a regional hospital, an inpatient substance abuse treatment facility, an inhalant abuse treatment center, prematernal home and receiving home.
- Emergency/Protective Services: Alaska State Troopers; City of Bethel Police and Fire Departments; Ambulance Service; Bethel Search and Rescue; District Attorney; Superior Court; several private law firms; Alaska Legal Services; Public Defender Ofiice; the Yukon Kuskokwim Correctional Center; the Tundra Center (halfway house).
- Social Services: Bethel is home to various social services. The City of Bethel operates a youth center. Other services include the following; Bethel Receiving Home;; Bethel Group Home; Vocational Rehabilitation Office; Tundra Women's Coalition; Alaska Division of Family and Youth Services; Alcoholics Anonymous; Infant learning programs; and developmentally disabled programs.
- Faternal/Civic Organizations: Lions Club; Veterans of Foreign Wars/ VFW Ladies Auxiliary; Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts; 4-H; Bethel Council on the Arts which sponsors the CAMA-I Dance Festival; K-300 Race Committee; Junior Dog Mushers; The Bethel Actors Guild; The Art Guild of the Y-K Delta; Rotary Club; and Chamber of Commerce.
- Education: Bethel is the home of the Kuskokwim Campus of the University of Alaska-Fairbanks; Adult Basic Education; the Lower Kuskokwim School District; Bethel Regional High School; Kilbuck Elementary School; Mikelnguut Elitnaurviat School; Bethel Alternative Boarding School; a Yupik Immersion School (Ayaprun Elitnaurvik); Involved Parents Preschool; Headstart; Junior ROTC; Yuut Elitnaurviat, regional vocational center.
- Churches: Moravian Church; St. Sophia Russian Orthodox Church; Bethel Independent Baptist Church; Immaculate Conception Catholic Church; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints; Bethel Community Assembly of God; Pentecostal Holiness Church; Evangelical Covenant Church; Lutheran Church ELCA; Seventh Day Adventist Church; The Church of God; Grace River Korean Church; United Pentecostal Church; Baha'i Faith: Jehovah Witnesses; and a Jewish community.
- Trade and Commerce: A wide variety of small businesses, stores, and specialty shops also operate here, offering goods and services including groceries, video tape/DVD rental, TV and electronics, furniture, pets and pet supplies, auto parts, auto repair, beauty/barber shops, fitness/exercise, computer consulting and sales, gifts, art and native crafts, fast food, marina services, tanned furs and leather, fur buying, travel, insurance, home water treatment, electrical and plumbing supplies, local tours, fishing and hunting guides, camping equipment rental, airline and air taxi services, car rental, video production, general contracting, and much more.
- Financial and Business Services: Two major banks and a credit union have branches in Bethel. In addition, bookkeeping services and CPA services are available.
- Restaurants: Bethel has many restaurants serving a broad selection of cuisine from around the world. Delivery is available from most of the establishments.
- Lodging: There are several hotels as well as bed and breakfasts in Bethel. Early booking is advised, especially during conferences and summer months.
- Communications: Local telephone service with cellular and internet services are available. Bethel is served by a cable TV company that offers many channels including internet access. Individual satellite dish service is also available. There are two radio stations and two local newspapers.
- Recreation: Bethel is located along the banks of the Kuskokwim River, which is an integral part of the lifestyle. During the winter, cross country skiing, and dog mushing can start at your door and go for hundreds of miles. There are winter trails to and from many of the villages of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta, or if you prefer, you can make your own trail across virgin snow.Sport fishing in Western Alaska is an angler's dream.. There are several world class trout and salmon streams within easy distance of Bethel. King, coho, sockeye, and chum salmon are available starting in June continuing to early September. Rainbow, dolly varden, lake trout, northern pike, grayling, sheefish, whitefish, and lush are present in most waters of western Alaska.
AK State Troopers - 543-2294
Ambulance - 911
City of Bethel - 543-2047
City of Bethel - 543-4171 Fax
City Dock - 543-2310
Electricity - 543-1818
Family Clinic - 543-3773
Fire Department - 911 or 543-2131
Hospital - 543-6300
Job Service 543-2210
Library - 543-4516
Non-emergency - 311
Police - 911 or 543-3781
Public Health Center - 543-2110
Senior Center - 543-3989
Wtr/Sewage/Garbage - 543-3150
Youth Center - 543-2088